Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Payment Problems

• 08-08-2022 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭

Anyone else experiencing problems getting payment to process with Aer Lingus?

Booked return flights & paid fare deposit months ago, with balance being due in September.

Have been trying, unsuccessfully, for over a week to pay the balance & add seats.

App is consistently failing to process payment. Even though I got a confirmation screen in the app there has been no payment taken.

I have also tried three different browsers & three difference payment cards. Have dual authentication on all cards and regardless of being logged into AL or not I'm getting a "booking complete failure" each and every time.

Chat bot can't help as payment is involved. No reply on Twitter. Phoning is a joke as they'll only deal with departure in the net 72 hours. Complaint form lodged over a week ago and nothing but the automated reply received.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I had a similar issue last November. I was told by IT that the Aer Lingus site is not compatible with the Dual authentication (although reluctant to admit it) . Perhaps contact their technical department?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the aer lingus payment thing is an absolute fk up of a yoke

I had awful issues trying to give them my highly taxed hard earned money, christ its a wonder they are even in business when they cant even sell tickets to people willing to hand over money.

The problem with me was that their implementation of the credit card authorisation required me to put the street name as "Address 1", and in "address 2" or whatever its called, the house NUMBER separately on its own with nothing else on the line.

Then it worked and they graciously let me have one of their precious seats . Göbsh1tes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Tried that and didn't work either FFS. Absolute shambles

Try deleting cookies and history on your browser and try again.

Tried that too. Nothing is working. Have managed to get through on the phone so will be sorted soon hopefully.

• Advertisement

Eventually got sorted over the phone, including adding seats, although had to be done in two transactions.

Maybe should have tried fare balance first and seats after......

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Just for info, they seem to have fixed/ updated the website backend in the past 9months or so.

I made a booking last night, and within a couple of seconds of entering card details I had my booking without needing to do a few laps of entering codes in my phone/ ring the bank or just book with a competitor as Aer Lingus refuse to take your cash.

My previous booking before that used apple pay, so another leap into the future from Aer Lingus, but that booking was obviously so uneventful (like it should be ffs) I didnt bother to mention it .

Advertisement