Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post deleted without any notification

Options
  • 08-08-2022 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

One of my posts was deleted and I haven't received any notice, or even a friendly warning?

Could you clarify that you just delete the posts as you see without any need to inform the original poster and not even a message on the thread the post was deleted from?

Thanks.

I can't provide link to the post because it is now deleted.

A poster asked why he received a warning for what he posted. I answered that I see nothing wrong with that post and in all fairness it was informative post that he wrote that is still there. So the post he received warning for was not removed.

In short two messages were removed without a reason. Is it discussion boards or what?

Thanks.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you have an issue contact a forum mod by PM

There is no requirement to notify posters of post deletions. I will only do so through the formal warnings process.

If one post is deleted then I would expect any post quoting that original post to be deleted. Posters should not ask about it in thread. You should expect any in-thread query over mod actions to be deleted.

They should contact a forum mod if they do require clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ok, thanks.

I might have quoted that poster.

Not a big deal, but normally seen a brief message saying that some posts were deleted so wanted to ask.

Thanks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If I've deleted a lot I will usually drop a note in. However trying to do it every time would be incredibly time consuming certainly in the main forum I moderate (CA and its subforum Coronavirus)

If I think someone needs a prompt not to post whatever it is I will often use the 0 point warning as that allows us to attach a post to a PM

I suspect though that many mods are still finding their feet on the new platform as they have only recently started getting notifications of reports (you previously had to review a dedicated Reported Post forum which catered for every forum across the site, but perhaps nearly 50% or possibly more of reports we were getting were for CA and Coronavirus, and I would always pick up reports that way)

Advertisement