Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to add money to Revolut from my BOI account

Options
  • 08-08-2022 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭

Have been trying to add money all day and with it being after hours for the call centre, can anyone help me with this issue?

Revolut said it’s on the BOI side of things, and that only they would be able to fix it.

can this be fixed through the app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

How are you trying to do this?

You have two options:

1. Bank transfer. You set up your Revolut account as a Payee in the 365 app and then you can send money to your Revolut account from your BoI account. Note: this operation is not instantaneous, the transfer is executed during banking hours.
    2. Use your BoI debit card to top up Revolut. You input your debit card details, same as when you make an online payment. After selecting the amount to top-up, you need to authorize the payment in the 365 app, and then return to the Revolut app to continue. Note: this operation is executed immediately, and funds will be available in your Revolut account as soon as the steps are completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

There is a quick fix.

When the people looking to pay you through Banking 365 go to add you as a payee, under “Country and Currency”, it defaults to Ireland as the location of the payee’s bank — hardly surprising as this is where you are based. However, that default also defaults the Iban set-up to an Irish Iban of 22 characters.

What they need to do is click on the downward arrow next to Ireland in that “Country” box and select Lithuania instead. It will then accept the Lithuanian Iban of your Revolut account.

Was reminded of this Irish Times story when I saw your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Can we ask if you are being prompted to approve the transaction on your 365 online app?

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭delboythedub

I had to download Google pay app and then top up revolut through that. you may need to remove Revolute then download Google pay and then reinstall Revolute

• Registered Users Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I called BOI and was able to get it sorted. Thanks everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Did they explain what was causing the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Advertisement