Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs about actual locations

Options
  • 08-08-2022 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,452 ✭✭✭✭

Would you be inclined to visit a location because of a song ?

Like if youre in the area would you climb 'Little Solsbury Hill' because of Peter Gabriels 'Solsbury Hill' (tbh that song makes the area sound amazing)

'Waterloo Sunset' is about a standard Bridge in London. Prob wouldn't even think of the song if you see it

'Cedarwood Road' by U2 is a run of the mill housing estate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields would be the obvious ones were I ever in Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭scuba8

Four Roads to Glenamady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Cuyahoga by REM makes me want to go to Ohio to check out the titular river.

It's a fascinating story about a river so polluted it went on fire on multiple occasions. By pure coincidence, it featured in Time magazine in the same edition as the Moon Landings and the Chappaquiddick affair so it garnered worldwide coverage.. apologies for the tangent..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,452 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Suppose the road is not so rocky to Dublin anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’d love to go to orgasmatron some day

• Advertisement

The road to hell..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,452 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Back in The USSR comes to mind when things are all said and done

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I was in Philadelphia a few years back and went for a stroll one evening around the city. By chance Streets of Philadelphia started playing. I played it a few more times on my walk. Wouldn't mind doing the same to Walking in Memphis in Memphis!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Ooooooooohhhhh Lisdoonvarna

• Advertisement
Advertisement