Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit query

• 09-08-2022 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Over the last couple of months I moved all my direct debits from KBC to bunq. All seemed to have gone through ok except for Bank of Ireland.

I've confirmed the details are correct but it wasn’t debited last week when due. Bank of Ireland contacted me yesterday to say the payment didn’t go through and the note just says “mandate not held”.

Bank of Ireland are investigating and I’m waiting on bunq to get back to me. Just wondering has anyone come across this before?

Post edited by Mimikyu on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just to update on this, it was an error with BoI's system. Their front facing system was showing their agents the new IBAN but the back end was still set to the old IBAN and was trying to pull from that.

Due to come out of the proper account next week and was advised this won't be a black mark against me for missed payment. Hopefully it's all sorted as this is the last DD to move over to the new account after all the others up and running.

Advertisement