Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing a property through my Ltd Company

• 09-08-2022 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

So I run a Limited Company. I've no staff, no business outgoings as such, no stock, overheads, etc. So effectively all monies that I make go into the business bank account each month and sit there.

I've been renting for years, and want to purchase my own property. I have personal savings of approx 30k, and with my salary at 3700 a month, the mortgage I'd get as a first time buyer would be very small.

With that in mind, what about purchasing a property (even run down for example) through the company, or getting a mortgage through the company? There's a large chink of money sitting in the business that won't be going anywhere else other than to the taxman, and unless I can get that money out to myself (dividends?), what's my best route forward here?

I know it's not the standard way of doing things, but it's something I'm looking to consider - any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement