Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Acres scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Have anyone got the balancing payment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭minerleague

My opinion is work away with what you want to do, most of the measures in these schemes require spending most of what you get ( like new hedges require you buy set no of plants but if you go around your own farm plenty of hawthorn/ blackthorn quicks etc could be gathered up, loads of oak saplings in my fields this year ) What you want to do might not be in new scheme ( in CP acres zone here and no real measures as such only scoring what's there already)

Then if new scheme comes out and something in it you want treat it as bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭kerrysoul

It seems unlikely that there will be a 3rd round of ACRES. Tranche 1 and 2 were way over subscribed with applications. Just unfortunate timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Yeah I presumed as much

Very frustrating as I’ve a lot of hedge and tree planting planned anyway…oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

If you intend on planting trees and hedging on the land then you could do worse than get in contact with Trees on the Land. Applications for trees open in September usually. Trees are free to landowners if you qualify but they will not supply you with trees for schemes. It would be no harm to send them off an email and they might get back to you with more information.

https://www.treesontheland.com/home

• Advertisement

You could also look into the Native Trees Area scheme, which pays €2,250 approx per hectare for 10 years, on up to 2 qualifying hectares. These payments are also exempt from income tax. Grants also available for fencing and planting. The planted ground will also qualify for BISS and ANC. A forester will be able to advise if your land qualifies for this scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭50HX

Advisor telling me it's July/August at good goin that we will know re approval on additional actions

Some sh1tshow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

The Acres CP has been a disaster. The idea was good, but the delays due to the dept system has left affected farmers massively out of pocket compared to Ordinary Acres plans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

It should be blasted in front of them every time they come on Radio, TV, Claire Byrne and other suchlike, when you hear them spout that farmers will be compensated for their loss of production.

But, but the planners aren't out of pocket, just the farmer purchasing, sowing and planting 'certified' imports.

Post edited by Lime Tree Farm on

Planners have milked this scheme, farmers paid them to join and for field scoring with the only payment received to the farmers was the €5k good will earlier this year which maybe deducted when the system’s are updated

• Advertisement

In fairness it was the dept that made it compulsory to have a planner.

I'm friendly with 2 planners & tbf it ain't money for jam for them either.

Cap 2027 will be in by the time this scheme gets all the red tape & issues ironed out.

It's an absolute disgrace.

I was over paid but I'm not paying back the balance for as long as I was waiting to be paid in the first place

If you were over paid it will be deducted from future payments if and whenever they realise it.

On second thoughts you are probably secure with the unintended bonus.

If you check amounts owed the probably have the full payment as owed. It’ll be deducted from all 2024 payments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,458 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It has nothing to do about the planner is compulsory. It about the way planners put many farmers into accessed grassland in cases where it was not applicable because they got to charge fees for it. As well some planners as well were not exactly fair with the contracts or prices they charged

Slava Ukrainii

Agree that some planners did things to suits themselves

Re fees it's an open market...people have no problem when it comes to insurance, treat the planner the same.

You'd want to have the scheme well studied in advance of engaging the planner tho

I agree regarding studying schemes too many lads do not even check the basics. At present there is lads that have not put scrub,ponds or small wooded area back into there Area Aid. What worse is there planners filling out there Area Aid applications have not done it either.

On fees it was pretty hard to change planners during the Acres application stage and now many bpanners have tied there clients into service contracts

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭White Clover

When are payments for Tranche 2 due?. I think it was October that we signed up. It's some joke of a scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

Just on that - are wooded areas now allowed for payment in BISS?

You get the eco, ANC and CRISS automatically on it so about 200/HA

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭joe35

Is there a maximum number of hectares you get paid for?

• Advertisement

It's 50% of your total area aid, its block specific ie you can have 50% of a parcel in wood, pond individual ponds less than 0.2HA), marsh ( Marsh can be fenced off from stock permanently) stone, rock etc.

You much have at least one BISS entitlement to claim it but then you get the other area aids automatically if the area have been put in.

In sone cases it could make.more sense not to subdivide for ACRES payments or these could even be included in the ACRES application

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭joe35

Sorry, I know not acres related but is there a cap on the number of hectares that ANC, eco, biss and Criss are payable.

I have some entitlements but bought extra commonage last year and wondering will I receive above payment for all hectares.

I know once you have one entitlement it covers you for all other payments. I'm just enquiring is it limited to a certain number of hectares.

Sorry for bringing thread off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭irishguy19772

Cp balancing payment on agfood for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

Must check mine when get a chance as nearly sure they have a 100% reduction on mine for scrub where some trees are sown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Packrat

There was an error displaying this embed.

Only if under the criss cutoff.

Criss is negative for me because I'm well over it.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Any of ye that choose Extensively Grazed Pasture can top those areas as of yesterday the 1st of July.

We have a few patches of creeping nettles with spear thistles that I sorted this evening with the disc mower. Other than that the pasture was clean with the exception of a few buttercups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Tileman

can you bale up extensive pastures?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I don't know. You need to ask your Ag Consultant. According to the T&C's -

"The parcel must be maintained by grazing to maintain a diverse sward with open
    vegetation i.e. many grass and flower species present, and scrub/briars not coming
    to dominate."

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Austinbrick

You can and LIG ground for 50 euro a hectare up to 8 or 10 hectares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Austinbrick

The contractor cut 7 acres of extensive grazing yesterday evening. They are baling it up as I text. Lovely sweet smell off it. Got no slurry or fertiliser. Must count the bales tomorrow.Left 2 acres standing for hay , when the Big H arrives shortly!!( heatwave).

Delighted to have surfed a short but good Irish weather wave.

The real surfers must get some buzz.

Advertisement