Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice

Options
  • 09-08-2022 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi ___ unfortunately we won’t be proceeding any further with your trial .I don’t think you are able to do the work required and think you are struggling .I do of course appreciate that you need time to adjust but as you specified on your cv that you worked in ________________ I believed you would be capable of this job but sadly I don’t think you are .

I wish you the very best of luck and will ensure you are paid for the 2 days

Thank you for coming in for the trial I appreciate but again I’m sorry it hasn’t worked out for you .

Anything I could do with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I take it you clearly understood it was a trial and had no contract signed.

If so, there's nothing much can be done except look for some feedback to help address whatever shortcomings they identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

As the previous poster said there's not much can be done there but get some specifics and feedback so you can improve in your next role.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Find another job, basically. Even if had been a contracted job, its presumably only a few weeks in.

I presume you were being paid, though?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

There is nothing you can do but learn from it.

Whatever you have on your CV lead them to believe you were capable of doing the job and you failed to deliver. Perhaps you have over embellished or poorly described whatever you put down on the resume.... you might want to look at that to avoid a future misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

Maybe your right but the way this person conduct her e-mail made me out to be a lie er

Hi ___ sorry this was from evaluation over the 2 days and your cv said you worked as an accommodation assistant before in the _____ but I don’t believe you had experience at cleaning rooms maybe in a diff role.

• Advertisement

Not they certainly did not. They took you at your word and were disappointed to discover you did not live up to those expectations.

And now your making an entirely different quote to your original post, so your goose is well and truly cooked!

Hi ___ unfortunately we won’t be proceeding any further with your trial .I don’t think you are able to do the work required and think you are struggling .I do of course appreciate that you need time to adjust but as you specified on your cv that you worked in ________________ I believed you would be capable of this job but sadly I don’t think you are .

I wish you the very best of luck and will ensure you are paid for the 2 days

Thank you for coming in for the trial I appreciate but again I’m sorry it hasn’t worked out for you .

Hi ___ sorry this was from evaluation over the 2 days and your cv said you worked as an accommodation assistant before in the _____ but I don’t believe you had experience at cleaning rooms maybe in a diff role.

this was second e-mail that person sent so I wasn't making an entirely different quote to my original post to the first mail, I replied then this person send the second mail I understand where your coming from but to say I was making an entirely different quote please get your facts straight before judging

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jacfrosty

Sounds like the employer made the right call here…

I can't do more that quote you exactly as you posted! If you decided to be economical with the facts that is on you.

Look all I ask really was are they right to do it within a day or two, yes if it had been after 5 days I'd accept, I'm just abit shocked and your responce isn't helping with my suicidal thoughts (don't worry am talking to someone)

I asked a simple question and yet I get treated like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

To be honest, it was a trial. They saw enough after two days. And I would expect a trial period in hospitality to be no longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

This sounds like it might be your first rejection but you have to get used to it.

It's very rare people land in a suitable role at the first attempt, the normal route is to go through many unsuitable roles for a number of reasons, unsuitable work, unsuitable conditions, unsuitable work colleagues etc.

It might take a few days but you will pick yourself up and go again, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,124 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Would you not be better spending time looking for another job instead of wasting time on a discussion forum trying to find out how to get compo?

Sorry if that sounds harsh but that's what I'm reading into your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

You should say OK it is what it is and get another job. They have made their mind up and aren't going to change it. Let it go, no good will come from it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭rolling boh

All you can do is put it behind you try and learn and think about how you did over the two days as honestly as you can if you didn't get any feedback .What is done is done so get back to looking for something else good luck .

Advertisement