Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monaloe Park Road - good place to live?

Options
  • 09-08-2022 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. We are looking at a house in Monaloe Park Road estate in South Dublin. I'm looking for opinions from anyone that knows the estate well. Is it a nice place to live? Is there any trouble in the local park? We are a family with 4 boys (all in secondary school) and I'm looking for somewhere safe and quiet after a bad experience in another South Dublin location.

Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I've never heard anything bad about the estate or the nearby park. Grew up close enough. The only thing I can say is that the sports fields in Clonkeen have been sold for development of this: http://clonkeenshd.com/. So if the house is backing on to this land, be warned.

Out of nosiness, where are you coming from and we can compare this area to what you are moving from.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I live on Clonkeen Road, you wont have any issues, but as Rosie says - there is approval to build on the sports fields, so they will be an "imposing" sight. Also one of the exits will be onto monaloe park road, so traffic will increase for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AySeeDoubleYeh

I'll also echo the above for what it's worth - it's a great area, you'll just need to decide whether the building in Clonkeen is something you're willing to accept or not.

Advertisement