Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of glasses are best on the bike

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is there no difference in protection levels, or that they have met a minium standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭cletus

If the sunglasses are rated UV400 then they block 99% of rays. This is regardless of cost.

The various categories, from cat 0 to cat 4, have percentage of rays they will block out. The cat and the UV rating are separate, but sort of linked.

Here's a link explaining the Cat levels, UV400, and the CE mark as relating to sunglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭gn3dr

I've had Rudy Project Kerosene for years with various different colour lenses (Yellow, blue, clear, mirror dark and normal sun shade). The lads call the yellow lenses "happy lenses" because they really do brighten up a dull day. Similar with blue ones. Unfortunately you can't seem to get spares anymore though for the kerosene models.

Last year I switched to those Galibier photochromatic Regale ones linked above. They are a bit bigger but have no frames so don't look stupid like the latest trend. I don't think the optics are maybe as good on the Galibier ones but they are nice and light and you can't really see the extremities of the lenses in you field of view when wearing them.

Advertisement