Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time Limited Workout Advice

• 10-08-2022 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Just had our second baby so looking at 6 months off time limited workouts.

Anyone else been in a similar positon, any workouts etc that worked for you in the limited time available?

Is it focus on the big lifts?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I’ve done it three times I guess.

I think with number 2 everyone is a bit more chilled. If you were let off for three sessions a week I would do a push, pull, legs set up personally… Or if you think two is more realistic then either upper/lower or a whole body.

I would use a good few compounds, but in general also if pressed for time you can superset stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Thank you for the response, we built a basic gym in the garage during the pandemic, so hoping to get out a few times a week. It's either going to be a shorter time or late at night (which I amnt mad on) but needs must.

Looking at 531 Big But Boring

Sounds good. 531 BBB is pretty time intensive I would have thought, but if you can get 3 days of 531 with a new baby you are doing well. I'm assuming 4 days would be out.

I always preferred the 531 templates that had an AMRAP last set personally, 'first set last', 'second set last' etc. But personal choice.

I don't have a lot of time at the moment myself, and I'm doing Joe De Franco programming. Yesterday's lower body day was 1 hr and 5 minutes... I don't think I would like to do any longer right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Get a Torque Tank and convert it to a pram

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I'd never heard of those before. Just looked them up, and ... wow... whatever will they think of next.

Looks like a good bit of kit, I suppose, I can see the logic of the design.

2K to buy in the UK, but I suppose it would probably be an impressive centre piece in an upmarket box style PT gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

There is a cheaper 3 wheel version, I could picture a relatively secluded place where I could use one of these if it was early in the morning. its only lacking a meter to measure what you are doing but yeah nice piece of kit.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Cill94

I'd go full body if you're training 3 days or less per week, with only one big lift per session . Super-setting will be your friend. Example:

A) Squat

B1) DB Bench/Dips/Push-Ups

B2) Stiff Leg Dead/Good Morn/Jeff Curl

B3) Chins/Rows/Curls

And maybe 1-2 accessories/cardio if time left over. But the above can very feasibly be banged out in an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

Yep, i'd second that sort of setup.

Likely your sleep (and therefore) recovery capacity will take a hit too, bear that in mind.

I like myo-reps or rest-pause sets too if I'm (or my clients) are short on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Thanks all for the comments, on paternity leave still so not as time stuck.

The super setting is definitely something I have looked at. Though home gym is tiny so might need the weather to play ball 😂

Advertisement