Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More than a weekend away!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Could it be that she didn't tell you because she knew you would be annoyed that you wearnt invited? I wouldn't take it too personally, she's entitled to go on holidays with her friends without her boyfriend, most if not all couples go on separate holidays, its healthy to have time away from each other like this and also, plans change, maybe they just decided to extend the holiday. I understand you're upset about this and you're every bit entitled to your feelings but id bring it to a counsellor instead of dumping those feelings all over her when she hasn't really done anything too you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

You considered breaking up with someone over something that turned out to be a miscommunication. Yet, when you talked you didn’t use the chance to discuss this but you “think she got the hint”.

Something like this will happen again if you don’t change the way you communicate. She can’t read your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Tork

Have you discussed why you've not gone on holidays together this summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

Yeah you've not discussed that at all with her. If that's how you attempt to set boundaries or assert expectations its no wonder she knows she can do what she wants and you'll hang about regardless, she'll eventually lose respect(if she hasn't already)

I get the feeling you're terrified of actually pushing for fear of hearing something you don't want to. It's fairly common for people who don't have a whole lot of relationship experience to be so protective of the relationship status that they become pushovers.

But it's better to risk losing it now by standing up for yourself and potentially gaining more of her respect, than to gradually watch her pull away and you being an anxious mess treading on eggshells around her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Yes, so we talked it through at this stage. She said she understood why I felt left out of the loop. She does seem to have a different attitude to our relationship now. In a very positive way. She just seemed to have got caught up in the holidays and forgot how it can look from the outside. If anything the whole episode brought us even closer. Just shows again how important communication is in a relationship. Thanks again all. Your advice saved me from doing something stupid 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Wonderfully said

OP would there be a chance you have FOMO? Fear of missing out? My brother has and he drives me demented with it sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

I don't know. Maybe your brother has good reason to feel left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

He doesnt really...I keep some parts of my life seperate for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

ditch the ****

------------------------------------

Warned for Breach of Charter

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

Finish it. She may have been with someone else which might have been the reason for the extra days. Could you ask her friends what day they got back and see do the stories match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Terrible advise likely coming from a place of insecurity and mistrust. Feelings are not facts!!

Communication is key in any relationship OP and great you followed that and it brought you closer.

Advertisement