Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Dongle Advice/Opinions

Options
  • 10-08-2022 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to use broadband for a couple of hours here & there for work related activities in the holiday home during the summer months/September.

Vodafone has the best reception where the holiday home is, I am currently with 3 on my mobile.

I thought of just getting a cheap phone and a PAYG plan and top up by 20/25 euro a month with Vodafone and hotspot off the phone.

However, I went into a Vodafone shop earlier and the staff member told me I could not hotspot off a Vodafone PAYG plan and I could only do it on a bill plan. I wont be signing up for a 12 month bill contract.

I am nearly sure someone I know has a PAYG plan and hotspots off it for Vodafone. They are away so I cant confirm.

He suggested buying a dongle (50euro) and topping up either 20/30 euro a month to give the wifi/hotspot access.

He said, typically a reception on the dongle would be inferior to the reception if I hotspotted (off a phone)

How are peoples experience using a dongle as per above? Especially outside of Dublin.

Thanks

Advertisement