Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Taxi Rank outside UHL

• 10-08-2022 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else spotted the new Road Markings outside The Regional (UHL) ?

Just beyond the pedestrian crossing there's 1 disabled space and several Taxi spaces painted on the road.....outside the existing roadside parking spots.

As you can easily tell I'm not really into trawling through the Limerick Council site to find out the story 😁

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

AFAIK where the current parking is will go away for a protected cycle lane. They put out a tweet about realigning the road for cycle infrastructure (I didn't look in more detail, I'm not sure if the footpath is getting widened or if it's a contra flow cycle lane, or a westbound cycle land and a designated area for parkers/taxis to swing their doors open). Beyond the taxi markings are more regular parking markings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Even less parking for the folk that work there. As is it's a total and utter joke to get parking there...and if you do expect to have your car absolutely wrecked after parking there for a while.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Yeah, the cycle lane is being moved inside the parking/taxi rank and being widened. It looks like it only going to be an outbound lane though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

A contra flow would be a mess, so good that it's just outbound. And great that cars no longer swing across the cycle lane to park. Should be more cycle lanes protected like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I parked there a few nights ago inside the taxi rank(to it's left). It would be awkward to trying to get out of the space if the taxis are blocking you in because there's always one who is a git who might happen to be there telling you "you can wait". I can still imagine them simply ignoring it and parking on the hospital grounds anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Those old parking spaces will become the cycle lane. Nobody will be parking inside the taxi rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They will, in the future, but right now they are ranks which is why when I was parked there inside the rank then if suddenly a lot of them arrived I might have trouble getting out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

They're not Taxi Ranks yet.....Apart from the road Markings there is nothing else to indicate this. It will only be a Taxi Rank once the proper signage is put in place. It seems that Limerick City Council have (not for the 1st time) started at the End rather than the Beginning.

It's going to be interesting to see if the 1st Taxi to arrive there (when it's empty) will park up nearest to the Hospital, rather than at the front of the Rank. I can't see too many potential Customers walking past 5 or 6 empty Taxi's just to get to the one at the front of the Rank.....assuming they don't end up back in the Hospital having walked out in front of a Bicycle 😁

Advertisement