Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marino /Froebel/ Hibernia

• 10-08-2022 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Fingers crossed I will be doing a PME in primary teaching in a few years.

I think a college would suit me better than hibernia but better to have options.

Did any of ye go to Marino or Froebel?

How did ye choose?

I understand I may not have any choosing to do but was just looking for any advice from anyone who may have attended either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Go to a college if you can. Hibernia gets you over the line, but will frustrate the hell out of you for most of its duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. You are very kind. I will try my best to get into a college. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Palmaranel

A big benefit of Hibernia is that you can do sub work in schools during the two years, as you're not in lectures during the day. I found this extremely beneficial in terms of developing my own skills/confidence/connections with schools. It also helps a lot with the money side of things! Graduated Hibernia in April of this year and immediately got a job for this school year.

From speaking with colleagues who did PME's in other colleges, everyone has tales of frustration and woes during their time - regardless of the college! You just need to get through it & get the piece of paper at the end. That being said, I do think you have to be extra self-motivated doing Hibernia because it can be quite lonesome just working away on your own from home so other colleges might suit you better if you think you'd work better being surrounded by people.

Best of luck with it all!

Advertisement