Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW2 Captain

• 11-08-2022 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

GW2 Captain 113 votes

Haaland (BOU)
    60% 68 votes
    KDB (BOU)
    0% 1 vote
    Salah (CPL)
    35% 40 votes
    Darwin (CPL)
    0% 0 votes
    Kane (che)
    0% 0 votes
    Son (che)
    0% 1 vote
    Jesus (LEI)
    1% 2 votes
    Mitrovic (wol)
    0% 1 vote
    Toney (MNU)
    0% 0 votes
    Other (list below)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

Going to be tough captain choices this year I think. Going with Haaland for this week. Going to be brave people that pick differentials.

Goal and assist king.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

One could say though that Bournemouth did keep a clean sheet last Saturday, but it being City and Haaland's first game at home, I would see them going for the win and showing what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Have it on Salah but torn over Haaland, especially now having seen the poll results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Haaland is my new shiny toy this week after shipping Kane out.

Haaland (C), Salah (VC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Haaland has taken the armband off Salah for my team this week. Though the fear is with Pool faltering last time out that there will be a backlash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You'd expect a Liverpool backlash but with Nunez in the middle it's possible that Salah's influence suffers.

I think Haaland is a better choice in his first home game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

that's a good way of looking at things regarding Salah.

Also, as an aside, I think in long term, Liverpool might start to use Salah as a creator more than a goalscorer. That could be 18 months time though! We saw last year that he was well able to get assists, even in his 'bad' period, he was getting assists. He is always going to be in and around the goal area really, and involved. When Salah is involved in the game, Liverpool play better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Anyone thinking the heatwave will have a big issue over the weekend?

Haaland to play tomorrow evening at 5.30pm in about 31 degrees with good humidity.

Salah playing in Liverpool Monday evening where it should be a bit cooler. Salah prob used to the hotter weather too being Egyptian v the cooler climate of Norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭nice bit of green

Am hoping that’s the case alright but it could go either way. Probably a bit less pressure on the ball and all 5 subs will be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Water breaks this weekend, probably means less goals as it breaks up play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I am sure Haaland got used to good summer weather in last few years in Germany ;)

It’s a fantastic point and one I hadn’t considered.

In addition, it’s Liverpool’s first home game and it could be an atmosphere akin to a midweek game.

I’m definitely reconsidering my Haaland captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

The way I look at it with the hot weather for the city game is that Bournemouth will tire more easily chasing after city.

City might just keep the ball if they need to conserve energy and then destroy them in the last 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Fcuk. I thought Haaland would be a clear leader in this. It’s closer than I thought. Its such a hard call but I’ll go for Haaland. I’ll be **** it either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Eh when I first decided to captain Haaland I thought he was going to be 2nd in the poll, haha

Advertisement