Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celsius

Options
  • 11-08-2022 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

After all the drama around the Celsius bankruptcy filing, it looks like anyone who had their crypto on the Celsius platform is looking at anywhere from a 25-75% haircut on the value of their crypto. It hasn't been confirmed yet if the remaining value of creditors assets will be paid back in USD or in crypto.

Does anyone know if these loses can be used to offset tax on any gains made in other stocks/crypto assets?

Cheers,

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

If your assets were sold at a loss, you can claim them in your tax return. I had some tokens that lost their peg in 2020 (went to 0), I claimed them as a loss on my tax return last year. Unless there's specific info from revenue about this type of situation, you should be ok to claim it.

Advertisement