Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive - help please

Options
  • 11-08-2022 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm at my wits end. My folks asked me to fix their Hive system as they said the online element was not working. The thermostat was working fine, but they could not control from their phones. I called out to the house and realised the Hive Hub Nano was not plugged in. When I plugged it in it receives no power. I ordered a third party power supply from MyVolts (https://myvolts.co.uk/product/49051/UK_5V_Power_Adaptor_for_the_Hive_Nano-Hub,-Nano-2-Hub,-Nano-2-Hub-V2,-HUB317,-HUB320_Smart-Hub_by_myVolts) but when it arrived the unit only received a faint power light.

I went through the resolve issue process on the app, and it advised that I should call customer care. This turned out to be a call centre in South Africa. I was on the phone for two hours. After following all of the lady's directions (she was clearly just reading off screens and no clue) the entire Hive system -thermostat and boiler receiver - no longer works, so my folks have no access to heating. I need to do two things.

1/ Order an official Hive power supply. Does anyone know where I can buy one? I can't find an option on the website.

2/ How do I fix the thermostat and boiler receiver unit? Is this possible while the Hive Hub is offline?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

In the case of number one, you need to establish where the error lies - the socket, the adapter or the unit. Are you comfortable using a multimeter on live current?

Advertisement