Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Ice Cream

Options
  • 11-08-2022 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

For the weather that's in it...

What's your favorite Ice cream or Ice Lolly?

Are there any hidden gems in Aldi/Lidl we should know about?

Iceberger is still king for me. I'm hoping to make brown bread ice cream later today as well for something new.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Right now, it's that coffee icecream I made in June from the Murphys Icecream book (It's gone weeks but I'm still thinking about it, and intend to make more).

Close follow up is Stella Parks' cream cheese icecream. Some crushed up digestives and strawberry sauce and it's a total winner.

(I have a loan of a fancy icecream machine and defintely thinking about investing in the long term).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

All of it.... everybit....every type..... 😄

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

White/almond magnums, solero exotic, malteaser and twix icecreams all float my boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bluespecs

Crunchie ice-cream

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm a bit old-fashioned, I simply like a cone with one or two scoops. Favourite flavour is pistachio, followed by rum and raisin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I've taken a shine to the classic Cornetto, lately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

If anyone is Dublin-based, check out Cold Boi on Instagram / the web. It's a guy making premium ice cream sandwiches out of Irish ingredients. He sells at St Anne's Park on Saturdays, and a few other locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nevik

Looks interesting, where abouts in St Anne's?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I f*cking love a Bounty ice cream but they're impossible to find. Possibly discontinued?

You can't beat a good 99, but at the more premium end, anything from Murphy's is a winner. I've recently been picking up some hazelnut gelato from Yum Gelato too and it's fab.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

The farmer's market that's on every Saturday, outside the Red Stables.

• Advertisement
Advertisement