Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 European Athletics Championships, Munich

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I could be completely wrong but is Sonia O'Sullivan her coach?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The relays heats were great to watch this morning. Relays are so exciting to watch and it's nice to see a team element in athletics which is usually an individual sport to an extent (I know there's a team in the background). Aww I really felt for the mens team, that's what makes relay difficult, one little mistake and that's it, there's no comeback or finish. The women's team were great, even with Adeleke blocked at the change over the team still finished well. Looking forward to their final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Hamachi

You're right. Sonia has been coaching her and Jessica Hull since late last year. They all train as part of Pete Julian's group in Oregon.

I'm sure having somebody who dealt with adversity in her own career will be valuable to Klosterhalfen as she navigates her way back to top after two years of injuries and illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,813 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Koko was actually interviewed by David Gillick on RTE last night and she sent greetings back to Sonia in the studio, thanking her for her help and saying she would see her soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭horsebox1977

I'd say Barr is looking Yasmani Copello and thinking I could be like him!

Yasmani Copello probably come in and snatch another medal at the tender age of 35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Should be a good evening, 1500 looks like a ggood race for the 2nd and 3rd. Ciara needs to produce, anything less than a medal will be a fail for her.

As for the mens 800s, good luck trying to predict anything in either heats or final. 16 lads all capable of getting to the final, no one stands out , all 1.44/5 pbs.

English could finish 6th and qualify and still get a medal, or he could win the semi and finish last in the final.

Just catching up with the 4x400 post-race interviews on BBC and RTE and Maudsley insists she deliberately slowed in the home straight to conserve energy for tomorrow, but didn't realise that the Dutch girl was finishing like an express train. By the sound of things, the four of them think they can break the Irish record again, no matter what their finishing position.

She seems nice! Definitely humble and not a prima donna.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Late to comment, but a fantastic morning for Irish athletics (men's 4x100 aside 🤐). Always great to see people making finals at least, even if they might not necessarily be in contention to compete for medals. I was very surprised with the ease in which the relay team made the final, fingers crossed they can give it a good go in the final. Delighted for Louise Shanahan also.

Really looking forward to tonight, I think Ciara Mageean can medal. It won't be gold, silver would probably be a push but I think bronze is attainable.

Ciara has always been probably our best chance of a medal this week. She looked fantastic in the semi final, not even out of breath at the end.

english makes it looks easy, anywhere from1 to 8th in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 56,132 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What time Ciara at?

edit: on now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

English looked comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Brilliant Silver Ciara.Yesssssss

ciara you beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭waynescales1

WHAT a run by Mageean.

Go on Ciara!! That must have been the best race of her entire career :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56,132 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Was only half metre behind with 120 to go. Muir just has that speed injection!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Outstanding from Mageean. Just brilliant - used Muir perfectly to see off the rest of the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

That was a tasty run, Muir the best in the world and she is getting closer to her, great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ultrawoman

Sensational 😍

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Mageean has been running to prove a point. Delighted to see and she left it all out there. Absolutely fantastic silver.

Hopefully she does a round of media interviews tomorrow because I love listening to her. She has a fantastic attitude.

Tactically brilliant. The sight of her going with Muir at the bell and pushing her hard all the way down the back straight was epic.

SILVER f*cking medal baby!!! Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Almost as if Ciara had prior knowledge of when exactly Muir would kick,went with her stride for stride. Well earned and well deserved silver medal. Jerry smiling down on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Faith K might have something to say about that!!!

Super from Ciara M, she seems to have found her mojo again. Not unlike Mark English. Racing smarter and stronger than these last few years. For a few strides about 250 to go I thought she might win it.

Nice and easy for Femke Bol, double complete.

Men's hurdles up next, think Warholm might be beatable if not back to his best? Think Happio is in with a chance. Famous last words 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Surprise win in the 3000m Steeplechase.

Advertisement