Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is the garage giving me the run around?

Options
  • 11-08-2022 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My partner has a 2019 Ford Focus which she bought in April this year. In June, after driving from Belfast to Mayo it developed a bad vibration in the engine and a whining noise and broke down the following day. It has been with the local Ford dealership now for over 6 weeks and they are painfully slow.

They told us first that it was possibly an injector issue, then it was a problem "somewhere deep in the engine" and we were looking at an engine rebuild. Today we were told that it was a problem with the engine head and that was causing the vibration.

Neither of us know much about cars so we don't know if what we're being told is right or wrong but i am a bit sceptical. Does anybody here have any experience with Ford engines, can the head cause the whole car to shake?

Thanks in advance,

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

My understanding is that Ford offer a 3 year warranty with their cars. Is the garage looking at the problem as being covered by warranty.

Advertisement