Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do vape shops make money?

Options
  • 11-08-2022 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Any time I go in or walk past, they're completely empty. The stock on the shelves is 5 years old (ancient eleaf stuff).

The person working there is usually half asleep looking at their phone. Or sometimes not even there, probably out the back playing with their phone on the bog.

And there's a million of these shops.

There must be good money in vape shops since they're popping up everywhere. But how do they make money? I would guestimate they bring in a maximum of €100 a day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

The shop that I frequent is always busy. You have to wait in line whatever time of the day you enter.

Depends on the shop. Those Hale shops are always devoid of custom like you described but the 'mom-and-pop' type shops that I would frequent would always be busy. Maybe it's about establishing a relationship with customers and knowing your stuff hence the ones I buy from always being busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭apache

Ah sure it's a big business. So many people vaping today. Looking for new vapes and the different flavours. There's usually a steady stream of customers in my local Hale shop anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

They have a poor selection of liquids and coils/mods though so it depends where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭apache

It's grand for the novice though. It's my nearest one and the one I go to for handyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The likes of iVape, Hale etc make most of their money online I imagine. The stores and stalls are more for advertising. There's a Hale vape stall in the shopping centre here, it gets the odd few customers daily but I doubt they're making any profit after paying rent on the plot. I've bought a couple bits there when I needed something immediate [like a pod for work], and each time I was encouraged to visit their website. I used to visit the local ivape store regular, and I'd see most of their orders were for delivery. I too went all online for my purchases, these stores are merely just convenient in a pinch otherwise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement