Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for help from anyone based in Naas area - Bicycle Design Centre

Options
  • 11-08-2022 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have two frames, a Paganini & Concorde in BDC in Naas for over a year. Nearly two years, at this stage.

I was able to get in contact sporadically with Brendan, the owner, who advised that the frames were repaired. The repairs weren't massive, financially; a couple of hundred quid, in total.

For the past number of months, I can get no reply via phone calls, voicemails, emails or the 'Contact Us' form on the businesses website. I've even driven up from Waterford a a couple of times but the place has been closed - but doesn't look permanently closed, if you get what I mean? The elderly gent in the hardware store next door says he can be a hard man to get hold of.

Anyone local to there, who would be willing to give a knock on the door some day you're passing?

It wouldn't be the end of the world if the Concorde isn't available, but the Paganini is a particular holy grail frame for me, for personal reasons...

I am in no way calling the BDC into disrepute or complaining; I would just like to pay for my frames and get them back.

Any local help/advice would be very much appreciated.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Delighted to be able to say that this sorrowful tale had a happy conclusion today.

A gent on here, who passes the premises on a regular basis, was able to call in and retrieve my frames this afternoon.

To say I'm relieved would be a bit of an understatement!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Any word on why he was difficult to get in contact with? Is he still trading?

None whatsoever; the aforementioned gent was just lucky to pass by during lunchtime and the door was open.

He gave my name and was handed the two frames, without explanation.

No idea if they are still trading.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not exactly reassuring that (even though it was a good resolution for you) they handed over your frames without asking you first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

It doesn't look like they're trading still. I gave 8valves actual name and location, and the fella was able to put his hands on the frames.

The reality is it looked like he just wanted shut of me, was surprised when I turned up to the door.

He did complement the Giant Cadex, mind 😁

• Advertisement

i've always liked the idea of having a custom made bike, but his bikes, while probably mechanically fine, never seemed to have the finish to make them stand out. and you'd want a well finished bike if you're going to be spending that much on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Mad story. Wonder what other gems are gathering dust in there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Did the repairs get done ?

Looks like it, from pics I was sent.

Advertisement