Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judo Clubs in the North West (Donegal/Derry/Strabane)

Options
  • 11-08-2022 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Does anyone on boards know what the best judo club in the Northwest is? I'm trying to get into this sport now that the lockdowns are over.

I'd prefer to learn at a "pure" Judo club - most of the ones I've seen so far are MMA/BJJ and I don't the teaching quality would be as focused as in a dojo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CommsRoom

There's a number of pure judo clubs in Derry, I train with Paul Green who runs the Koranakai Judo club in the Skeoge Road Business Park in Derry, he trains Mondays (Technical Class) & Thursdays (Randori) start times for both nights are 8pm to 9:30pm.

Depending on where you live and your own schedule other clubs locations/times might suit you better, but Paul Green is a brilliant trainer.

I'm living in Donegal area and the only judo club I've been told about is in Burnfoot for U15s/youth which is run by Samurai Judo out of Derry.

If you go to the IJA website, it will show you where all IJA clubs are dotted around the Donegal/Derry area.

Best of luck.

Advertisement