Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which insurance companies have camper policies that insure motorhomes with a GVW of 6.5 tonnes?

Options
  • 12-08-2022 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was thinking of importing a minibus, specifically an Iris.bus Daily 65c17 3.0 from N. Ireland.

The '65' relates to the Gross Vehicle Weight of the vehicle as shown on the VIN Plate somewhere on the vehicle. In this case 6.5 tonnes.

This minibus will then be converted to a campervan / motorhome and re-registered as such with the VRT office.

My question is does any insurance policy in ROI cover approved converted motorhomes with a GVW of 6.5 tonnes?

Thanks, Micka

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

What I would add - is that I've seen a number of converted 'trucks' on the road that must be way above 3.5 GVW. So who insures those?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Mine is near that weight and I'm with Stuarts

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

Hmmm, Stuart's told me they only insure upto 3.5 tonne, maybe 4 max.

Maybe they didn't ask that question on their insurance application..

Maybe I shouldn't have asked ! 🤣 !

Advertisement