Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point Road - Causeway

Options
  • 12-08-2022 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have close calls on the causeway going out to the point, just past Cartron?

Second corner, always tight but no excuse for being on the white line.

The amount of drivers that go over/on the white line coming from the point - Should be done for careless driving but I know asking the impossible.

Council should maybe have cats eyes on this corner so offending drivers know 100% they are cutting it close to other drivers.

Another very close call today, came within mm of hitting my mirror on my side of the road. Car reg 202 D 5158 (All on cash cam if I ever was hit).

Post in the motors thread caused quite a stir with very different opinions, Just shows how poor some drivers really are when they saw nothing wrong without knowing & expirencing this exact corner.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Post edited by BronsonTB on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Barangutan

I notice it a lot on that corner and the one under Knappagh rd bridge. The fact is, it's easy to stay between the lines if they just lay off the accelerator and drive cautiously. A lot of drivers just aren't willing to do that. It's made worse with the prevalence of SUV's and a good number of their drivers having no sense of the proportion of their car.

Advertisement