Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fargo Season 5 *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,783 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I didn’t realise I broke the rules of your forum I am sorry

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

It's too much of a mish-mash overall

Bit like Beethoven meets Topcat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,606 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I enjoyed S5 greatly so far, though E7 dragged a bit. JLLs accent did grate a little, but she was a gloriously obnoxious person. Other accents were fine. Wayne reminded me of Paul from the Wonder Years as an adult.

I hope we see more of Indira, sorting out the golfer who's been watching the tradwife videos on Tiktok.

Post edited by AndrewJRenko on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thought it was fairly disappointing tbh, had potential but failed to deliver consistently. Last episode was baffling. Definitely a big step down from the first few seasons. Also turns out that none of it is true despite its claims at the start of each episode.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

WTF was the '500 years earlier, in Wales' scene all about, in terms of Scandinavian Munch's back story?

I kept thinking about Bart selling his soul to Millhouse (who also bears a resemblance to Wayne) as it happens;

https://youtu.be/bBopoVW3auI?si=RhrVkWYhiQr_Vor3&t=126

It’s meant as a joke, Fargo lists itself as a comedy drama and the true story claim is actually an homage to the Coen brothers’ original movie of the same name. The 1996 film opened with that exact wording

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Homelander

Really gathering pace now with Ep8 and moving towards the end-game. Some extremely satisfying moments.

Wasn't gone on the Indira character or actress at the start but both have really grown on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I’m really enjoying it. It moves along quickly and doesn’t hang in the filler episodes. The main actress is believable in the way she isn’t overpowering guys that are twice her size, she’s more vicious and resourceful than physically strong (like the main character in Hanna).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Very enjoyable season for me. Think what Dot was looking at the end will play a role in the future of others,although don't think anyone watching will be shocked by that

I loved Danish's election stunt with the three Roys. I'm wondering if I could do the same for some of our own politicians at next year's elections!

I'm also loving the modern-day cultural references, Call The Midwife and Christine Aguilera both got a mention in E8. Great soundtrack all the way along too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Episode 9 was great. It hasn’t reached the high points of season 1 and 2, but few shows have tbh.

I see some criticism online about the Roy character and his references to the Old Testament. I’m no film student, but isn’t the movie and the TV show all sort of influenced by it? Wickedness, retribution, flawed people making bad decisions etc?

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

I really enjoyed episode 9 and fully expecting a shootout next episode, lead actress is very good

• Advertisement

I loved episode 9, but I'm hoping for something a bit more clever than big shootout. This isn't an Arnie film. This is Fargo.

Funny how they make you start empathising with the previously obnoxious characters;

Lorraine and Munch.

I hadn't realised that it was Munch in the back of Gator's car. I'd love to know how they ended up out in the ice house on the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

I'm fully expecting a big blood bath in this when i get to watch it tonight. It would be funny if there was a twist at the end where they all shake hands and resolve things amicably. :D

Doubt it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭jj880

I thought episode 10 was excellent. Good finale and only about half of it at Roy's place. Thats all I'll say.

Oh and that Juno Temple is a great actress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,438 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Great return to form for the series. Ending completely threw me as I was expecting it to ignite in a different way. Loved the characters, the story and the ambiguity created by playing with the dreaming - reality. Dot is a great addition to the canon of Fargo legends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There should have had a ten-year flash forward to show how Roy would be getting on. Snigger.

I was half expecting Wayne to only think that he had been blinded and to only discover that he hadn't been when he removed the blindfold. It would have been one of the crazy things that could have happened in Fargo, but the idea was probably too crazy because it didn't materialise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,438 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The 'end' of Roy was brilliantly done I thought. He was totally helpless.

Good ending to a good series

Great ending to a great series, definitely a return to form, after the snoozefest that was S4.

It was great to see Roy getting his just desserts. hopefully an absolute hell of abuse for the remainder of his life.

It was slightly scary to Lorraine being able to buy her way to whatever the hell she wanted, even if we want it too.

Then we had Mr Oola Moonk (Munch) being humanised, baking biscuits with the Lyons. I was terrified that he was going to kick off again, but apparently not.

I was hoping we might see Dot visiting Gator (just realised he played Steve in Stranger Things) in prison afterwards, but again, we can leave that to our imagination.

A great series, possibly not up to S1, but well up there with S2 and S3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Really enjoyed this season .

some of the music choices were inspired , village people for the call to arms had me in stitches .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Loved this, watched the film again last night and found some of the plot very similar to the season 5 opening episode although obviously Dot survives whilst the kidnapped wife in the movie doesn't. Folk knocking season 4, I enjoyed that myself and it ties nicely into season 2.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement