Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven racks at recycling centre?

• 13-08-2022 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

I need some old oven racks for my DIY cold smoker, do you think I could pick some up at a recycling centre?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Possibly. Or you could try an electrical appliance retailer. They often have a yard of that stuff awaiting collection. I was dropping off an old fridge to one recently and they let me have take a few oven racks from the old ones no bother.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I've definitely dropped them to the bring centre here in the scrap metal collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most recycling centres won't let you take stuff away, for a multitude of reasons. If you've got an independent electrical retailer they're probably most likely to let you grab that sort of thing from their WEEE I guess.

Advertisement