Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple Glazed Window cracked due to Heat?!

Options
  • 13-08-2022 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

HI

Have ye guys heard or window panes cracking due to the heat?? I have Munster Joinery triple glazed AluClad and one of them the outside panes of glass has cracked. I've only just noticed it and its dark so cant get a good picture. Its a small enough window about 1200 high by 700mm window side opening...The window is directly facing west and this is the 7th of high temps. The crack doesn't look like something hit it.

I get a picture in the morning and post it

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

It comes up from time to in boards.ie. The heat would be a possible culprit/changes in air pressure, it's been some week of weather too. Worth following up with the supplier? They might well blame deliberate damage of course. Google will give you a few more articles but most are middle pane related.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I had an issue with a conservatory window recently that randomly cracked on one side. I thought it was the heat. The repair man noted that there are usually packers (or some similar term!!) evenly spaced around the edge of the window. If they’re not evenly spaced, the pressure can cause the pane to crack.

Advertisement