Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probation after maternity leave

Options
  • 13-08-2022 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Everyone

I have just returned to work after my maternity leave. While I was on maternity the business was sold and the staff were included in the sale. It is a small company with only 3 members of staff, before I left I was working full time for the past 7 years.

When I contacted my new employer about my return to work I requested to go part time and reduce my days from 5 days to 3 days per week. As there was a change of days/hours worked he requested me to sign a new contract before my return to work. He stated I could not return to work without this being signed. So long story short I signed the contract.

I am now on a probation period of 6 months, my question is - after this probation period what are my rights?

He is over staffed as he never got rid of the staff to replace myself and a colleagues maternity leave and has made it quite clear we are the “outsiders”

My worry is he will try to reduce our hours even further or simply make us redundant as there is no need for extra staff. Do I have any right to return to my full time contract from my previous employer or the right to remain on my 3day week?

Very confused as to what he can do once the probation period ends and it’s review time as he seems to not care about the 7+ years experience with the previous employer

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Advertisement