Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting up saorview

• 14-08-2022 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

hi just wondering would a basic indoor aerial work for getting saorview through some set top box

any recommmedations for aerial or box

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The use of an indoor aerial will depend on signal strength/quality where you locate it.

How far away is the nearest Saorview transmitter, use the Saorview coverage checker?

You won't require a separate box if your TV has a Saorview tuner, this would be the case for all TVs sold in the last 10 years and many models up to 14 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dotski_w_

Hi

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

Can anyone advise where to get someone to come out and install Saorview? I have a modern (but foreign) TV, are a dish and an aerial on the roof, but the indoor cables are 'raw' at the end so need plugs on them.

Not looking for anything fancy, we mainly watch streamed services, but occasionally BBC and RTE, so €270 I've seen quoted is a bit over the top for us. Just someone who'll sell a box, put the plugs on and connect etc.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,388 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I can't help but you should state your general location for getting a recommendation or two.

Good point, I'm in Fingal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you have an aerial on the roof, you don't need 'someone to come out and install Saorview'. You just need to buy a co-ax plug (see below) and fit it to the end of the cable coming from the aerial. You say you have a 'modern' TV, that means it probably has a digital tuner, can you tell us where in which country it was purchased?

To get Saorview, all that you should have to do is fit the co-ax plug to the end of the aerial cable, plug it into the antenna socket on the back of the TV and go through the setup menus to do a scan and store the digital channels.

This is what you need, you should be able to pick one up from the accessories rack in any electrical store...

https://www.freetv.ie/coaxial-connectors-1s/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,485 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

And in that link there is a Video Guide on how to fit the connector.

Thanks for that! Will give a go.

Advertisement