Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bidding + build costs

• 14-08-2022 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi,

We are currently looking at a 4 bed semi in south Dublin approx 152 sq metres . The house was built in the 60's and hasn't had much done to it since then apart from a 2 story extension circa 24 sq metres over 30 years ago.. I've no experience on this and this will be our first major project if we go this route so trying to get a gauge on costs. At a high level our wish list is the following

1). Full deep retrofit of the house to bring BER rating up

Gut the place and add New heating ideally air to water, Rewiring, Insulation, doors, windows etc.

2). We want to build and extension out the back and merge the existing kitchen and dining room and make the usual big open plan area. Also want to add and Downstairs bathroom.

Choices on that vary as Extension above in off the kitchen

1). Leave existing extension as utility larder etc and build single story extension off that circa 30sq metres with glass doors to the garden

2). Sqaure off the back of the house with a double extension circa 50sq metres 20 upstairs and 30 downstairs as want the ground floor to go out a bit further. Neighbours have done similar

3). Probably a bit beyond the budget now is the option to go over the garage 15sq metres and go into the attic. actually maybe cheaper than 2 story option just need to figure out what option works best for layout..

Now for the big questions

1). What should I budget for the work?

2). Anyone know how the old extension will affect planning. I assume I cant use the 40sqm exemption anymore as the house already had an extension even tho its over 30 years ago?

Thanks in advance

K

Advertisement