Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I backup running VMs in VMware?

Options
  • 15-08-2022 6:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1 jaypanlaan007

Is there any automated way to back up running my virtual machines in VMware? or I need to do it manually?

Tagged:

Comments

• How to do it manually:

I have only done this so far with VirtualBox but seems very straightforward to back up VMware manually.

As for automating back up you will likely need to use a software service to do that unless you are adept at creating your own. Below is a guide to some of these packages:

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭markpb

I think we use Veem in work. I’m not involved so I don’t know the details but I assume it’s automated. I do know the team looking after it initially had some problems backing-up the database servers but they got it sorted somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 briantan0001

To back up the virtual machine you should ensure your virtual machine is in a powered-off state. Then you should locate the virtual machine folder. Then please right-click the virtual machine folder and click Copy. Navigate to the folder in which you want to store the backup, right-click anywhere within the folder, and click Paste.

Note, that VMware backup software allows you to create multiple isolated tenants within a single product deployment and manage them from a single pane of glass. Discover more info about third-party solutions for VMware software

Advertisement