Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC alternatives

• 15-08-2022 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

My not so little one is due to go into 6th yr but due to mental health problems feels unable to return to the local secondary school and has missed most of 5 th year.

I would be grateful for any info on alternative places she could try to complete LC and if not, alternatives to the LC.

north Dublin based.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Would somewhere like The Institute, Ashfield College, or the Dublin Academy of Education work for her? They can be expensive, but I imagine it would be a different environment to what she is experiencing in school. They also offer online classes and recorded lessons if there is an issue with attending in-person.

For reference, I have absolutely no experience with any of these institutions, but they may offer an alternative option for her and for you.

Advertisement