Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone seen any frameset deals lately?

Options
  • 15-08-2022 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭

A colleague of mine asked where he could sell a groupset quickly (+cheaply) as he was upgrading to Di2 - well that groupset is now in the boot of my car.

Has anyone seen any deals lately on a frame? It is for a GRX 810 disc groupset so possibly something all road, gravel or aimed at being a winter bike.

Not sure of budget but unless I go for titanium I definitely wouldn't go above 1000. Will consider anything though as may not even keep this bike, it is more a project to keep me busy for a few weeks.

I've already found some bargains over the past few years e.g. a CAAD12 for 550, a Genesis CdF 853 for 800, and most recently a Genesis Equilibrium for 350 (no idea how). All new from bike shops.

I have the feeling that since covid and especially Brexit, such deals are almost impossible to find.

(I live abroad so can't consider any offers unfortunately)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The only thing I have come up with so far (aside from some good Surly deals on German sites which don't interest me as I still have a CdF) is a Carbonda frame direct from the manufacturer. Comes to about 700 all-in including taxes and delivery.

Does anyone have experience of them? Reviews seem good elsewhere. I know that you can basically discount any warranty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Think you said you were in Netherlands?

Salden bikes often has good priced frames.

https://www.saldenbikes.com/massini-fuoristrada-carbon-disc-frameset-9.html

Thanks - had forgotten about them. That Massini actually looks like it could even be the same Carbonda I was looking at.

I didn't manage to find anything interesting though so I'm going to hold off and gradually pick up bits for an Ultegra 12-speed build in the autumn.

So still looking for a frameset deal if anyone spots anything - saw a friend's Cinelli Nemo Tig the other day and it looked great.

Bumping an old thread as I could do with a project for the Christmas holidays and I've a box of parts sitting in the garage. Anyone spot any good deals on an all road / winter / gravel frameset recently? Ideally steel or carbon, disc brakes. Buying online only and definitely sub 1000€

Advertisement