Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aluclad windows opinions

Options
  • 15-08-2022 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi guys , anyone have any experience with aluclad windows? For instance, would they rot in our Irish climate, how well do they perform 10/20 years down the line. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

I think you get what you pay for. They work well in our climate and the usual maintenance will keep them working for years. The seal between the panes of glass may go eventually but all leak their argon/other eventually. Go see a few in some showrooms but we wary of cheap prices, I've seen some and they didn't lock well, cheap hinges etc. Also, The installation is as important as the product. Get some recommendations from trusted sources. I'll be going for them in my next house for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

In theory, aluminium should stand up against UV better than PVC/uPVC?

Advertisement