Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application taking forever

Options
  • 16-08-2022 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I applied for a mortgage 10 months ago with BOI and I still don’t have an offer letter.

I have met every single criteria and added every single document to the online hub and I still don’t have an offer letter. It’s gone so bad now that I keep getting asked to add the same documents a second time as the first ones disappear.

my mortgage advisor explicitly told me last Thursday that the offer letter would be there in the afternoon (not for the first time) of course this didn’t happen and now he is on leave for 2 weeks and I can’t contact him. I found out via his voicemail message.

my Own house is sale agreed and I am holding back on contract signing because of this issue. I have sent numerous mails via the hub and no one will even respond.

30 years with BOI, my existing mortgage with BOI, my wife is an ex employee the list goes on…

I am at my wits end now with the service and the way I’m being treated.

can someone please help before I go to the ombudsman.

regards..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Does anyone know if bank of Ireland respond to requests here?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Name & shame the branch...

This is appalling conduct.

Contact head office and make a formal complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Can we ask that you send us Private message with your name on the account, the branch and your contact details and we would be happy to arrange a call back for you to discuss this further.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭keane10

Hi @irish bloke - did you get your offer letter in the end?

We have the same issue as you now. We've had AIP since March and are now trying to close the sale on a property.

BOI have told us every day this week we'd have the offer letter that day but we still haven't received it. They keep asking us for additional documents (which have already been provided in the past) when we contact them for an update. There are no outstanding documents to be uploaded in the hub, everything has been provided.

We are so stressed and worried as the vendor and solicitor are all waiting for us to get the offer letter so that the sale can proceed.

Like you, we have been with BOI all our lives & have multiple accounts. This is the first time we've ever asked for a loan from them or any sort of credit but we feel massively let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

I am very sorry to hear that this has been your experience and can certainly understand your frustration in relation to this.

Could I ask you to please send us a private message here? We'd be more than happy to help as best as we can.

Thanks, Eve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Tangerine9

Hi @irish bloke @keane10 @Bank of Ireland Reps , we are having similar issues. We went sale agreed in early August with AIP given quickly. Since then then the process had been very slow. We have provided documentation quickly after any request has come in. There has been a sluggish requests for documents throughout, with documents requested then radio silence for a few weeks then another request. The application in currently with the underwriter for nearly a month, with requests for additional documentation that have already been provided earlier in the process. These documents have been uploaded again but we have heard nothing for a 3 weeks now. Similar to yourselves, I have been a BOI customer my whole life and we feel very let down at the moment. Any help with this would be appreciated as we are under pressure to get the sale over the line before it falls through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Tangerine9,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear your application is not going a quickly as expected and completely understand your frustration. If you'd like to send a private message to our Reps inbox with your full name, phone number and if it's a BOI ROI or UK application, we'll ask our mortgage team to follow up with you on this.

Thanks

Tara

Advertisement