Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hiding new cable coming from patio to fusebox

• 16-08-2022 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

The wiring for our new patio needs to get into the fusebox which is just positioned inside the back door. So the electrician is talking about drilling through to it from outside and running the thick 2 wires up the outside wall beside the door to the drill point.

We could drill from above the skirting inside through the wall and then cut a channel in the cosyboard to the fusebox. But patching cosyboard seems hard and I haven't found anyone to do it.

The outside wall is your typical pebble dash plaster. Instead of a conduit, I am wondering about chasing a channel in the wall and then patching the plaster. Is it possible to patch a wee bit of pebble dash plaster like that?

Any recommendations are appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭McHardcore

The easiest way to do it would be the method suggested by the electrician. That may be why he suggested it.

I dont see any issue why you couldnt chase the insulated plasterboard on the inside, place some 25mm conduit inside it, plaster/fill it up and paint it. It might be hard to get a tradesman right now as it is such as small job it might not be worth their while. Maybe a general handyman might do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

If there is a downpipe near where the electrician wants to run the wires you could run them behind it.

Save a lot of work and you won't even notice them after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭boardtc

@elperello thanks for idea but there is no drain pipe.

@McHardcore good you do not see any issue chasing cosyboard. The guy doing the patio does not want to touch patching cosyboard. I also talked to a chaser I have used before to chase a standard internal wall and he said he would not do that and I should try and find a plasterer.

Advertisement