Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Salary Scales

• 16-08-2022 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

I started in the Civil Service in December 2019 as an EO and moved to an AO position in September 2020.

Just wondering does anyone know if Circular 07/2019 is applicable to me? Focusing on the part where it states point 4 and 8 are skipped on the salary scale. I'm confused as it states effective from 01.03.2019 to 29.02.2020 - so not sure if my start date needs to fall in-between those dates or the date of the increment.

Appreciate any guidance on this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Ciaran

I'm open to correction on this but as I understand it, that circular applied to increments awarded between March 2019 and February 2020. Circular 04/2020 applies to increments since then. Effectively, when you get to it, you'll skip from point 3 to point 5 and later from point 7 to point 9.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm paying back an oopsie from that being applied to me in error. Affected loads of us, I was hired in 2018. So don't bet the farm on it. 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

I would expect you to move to point 5 on the AO scale next month

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Just wanted to re-up this as have pretty much same query. Last post may be my answer.

Started as EO in Jan 2020. Promoted to AO in may 2021, going to increment 2 of that scale. My expectation is that I'll be skipping scale 4 this May and going to 5. That correct?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Ciaran

I expect so. Your situation is very similar to mine and I skipped point 4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement