Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister 'misinterpreted the requirements' after failure to declare second house in Longford

Options
1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Uh oh, as happened with previous stories, The Ditch is drip feeding the juicy stuff. Now we learn that Collins' wife has difficulty spelling her own name, including, crucially when signing it. Can't pin that on a planning agent. Add to that a letter from a non existent company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Blut2

Hes got to be gone now, he and his wife were both obviously lying for their own benefit.

How many more government ministers is it going to emerge have committed fraud I wonder? They're really racking up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Has Niall/Neil Collin's/O'Connor come out of hiding yet? I wonder who will be thrown under the bus.

One great thing about these property stories from The Ditch is it is not particularly difficult, time consuming or expensive to get the information. A lot available even without FOI.

Planning documents are public and many are online. Property price register - free. Land registry searches - small fee. Irish Newspaper Archive - small fee. Companies Registration info - small fee. Etc.

The more of these stories there are, the more tipoffs there will be and the more efficient The Ditch will become.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Yes but FFG have also normalised corruption and cronyism so much that the public aren't shocked anymore.

See how they have resisted all calls for reform. They know they have it good.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

By gone do you mean remain a TD and just do less work? As is the convention in every single one of these cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

This will somehow be sinn feins fault! Just wait till Heather Humphreys has her say. "Do as we say, not as we do"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

It's sickening how belligerent he's been about it too.

I can't remember where exactly but in one report I read the reporter was asking him about this second planning application that went in with a similar fake name. Not only did he deny it but his response was, "You tell me about it? Do you know about it?"

How FFG can stand behind that type of arrogance and disregard is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Sure he will probably be greeted like a returning war hero at the next FF parliamentary meeting. I'm sure he has a few visitors coming in and slapping him on the back and saying not to worry about it will all blow over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,438 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bit like the Wolf Tones in the RDS back in the day?

Sickening stuff on Six One news there, the Tanaiste was in Westmeath opening a dementia care centre and no prizes for guessing who was by his side in all the footage. Will he be "rehabilitated" in time for the next election.

Advertisement