Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways or working to a degree

Options
  • 17-08-2022 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been in my industry for about 25 years and am at quite a high level now, however I don't have a degree.

I was looking at a springboard course but didn't meet the entry requirement, which was to hold a Higher Certificate Level 6 award in Computing. I have a a Level 8 Cert in psychology and a lot of computing diplomas, but they don't count. The degree is 1 year if I have the Higher Certificate Level 6 award in Computing, however the course I've been suggested to get on the degree course is a 2 year course.

Wondering

1. If I get a higher cert in computing and I sure to get on the springboard course

1. Is there a quicker way to get a degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Emblematic

You might check out the Code Institute's diploma in full-stack software development. This is level 5 on the European EQF framework and I think that equates to level 6 in the Irish framework. It is one calendar year in duration so a bit longer than the certificate. Check it out and see if it will satisfy their requirements. Possibly having the two qualifications might swing it.

I am doing the code institute diploma myself and find it an enjoyable practical course.

Advertisement