Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting ecommerce to USA/Canada/Oz

Options
  • 17-08-2022 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am attempting to start a little side business. I will need to post the items to USA/Canada/Oz.

The items do not weight much but sometimes may be greater than the max depth allowed by An Post when using their A4 sized postage option (max 25mm depth). I want to use padded envelopes customised with a logo which alone are 1cm so it only leaves 1.5 cm max for the items. Sometimes this will be okay, sometimes not. Are An Post strict with this maximum depth rule? The lady in the post office said they must fit in this (pointed towards a plastic stand with a rectangle hole cut out that to be honest looked bigger than the 2.5cm allowed).

I am wondering what other postage options I have as well? I have looked around at couriers but they all charge 30 euros plus for packages of 1kg or more, and don't have rates for lower weight packages. Mine typically will be 50g to 500grams maximum. Unsure about volume too, likely low at the start at least.

Thanks

Advertisement