Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video release agreements and pets

• 17-08-2022 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

I'm a dog trainer and I'm wondering if I record instructional videos using dogs belonging to client's do I need their agreement to use that footage with people other than the owner?

The videos would be of just me and the dog

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It would seem to be good practice, if not a legal obligation. If people are sending their dog to you for training, they won't expect their dog to be appearing in videos unless you've asked for permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Absolutely, I wanted to be sure verbal agreement would suffice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭sekond

Our vet/cattery often takes photos/video of the animals for their facebook page. On the check in form there is a tick box to say if you do or do not consent.

It strikes me that having a paper trail rather than a verbal agreement is much better in case there were issues in the future. If they fill in a form of some sort before sending the dogs to you, could you just include a tick box there?

Advertisement