Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about media server router

• 17-08-2022 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Guys,

I have a fritzbox from Pure Telecom set up as a media server. I use VLC on my phone or tablet to stream to bot sitting room and back room via chromecast's. Performance in the sitting room is pretty good (closest to the router which is situated in the hall) I get very few pauses or drop in playback. In the backroom which is next to the sitting room so lightly further away from the router it worse performance (not by much but its more noticeable).

If bought a better router. and set it up as my media server (assuming that is possible) would I see better performance in the back room?

If the answer is yes could some recommend a good one (preferably less than €100).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

I found the Chromecast ethernet adapter, using powerline plugs, helped; a new router might suffer from same blackspots unless you go for a mesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭peter_h1979

Ah I didn't know Google sell ethernet adapters. I also just figured out you can install VLC player on the Chromecast. Playing it straight from the chromecast instead of streaming to it from my phone/tablet might give me the improvement I need (may still look into getting that adapter though). Thanks.

Advertisement