Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Hue Bridge.

• 17-08-2022 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have 3 hue smart bulbs in the house. 1 in the master bedroom, 1 in the upstairs office and 1 in the downstairs playroom. I have alexa in the master bedroom which controls the bedroom light (voice control always works).

I have 2 google mini's downstairs and until recently I was able to control the remaining 2 bulbs with these (however they would not as 100% reliable as Alexa).

Since the latest google updates the google home app and voice control doesn't seem to work anymore (I know the lights are okay because I can turn them on and off with the Hue Bluetooth app).

I was thinking of buying the bridge so I have 2 questions.

1) Would the bridge solve the issues I'm having with Google as it uses ZigBee and not Bluetooth?

2) Does it have to connected directly to my router or can I connect it via powerline adapters?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

It's not possible to give a definitive answer, but my hunch is that the Hue bridge would solve your problem. I use it with a good mix of lights and Google assistant works well.

I can see no reason why Powerline adaptors wouldn't work.

Setting up Google Home can sometimes be tricky, but should be straightforward with three lamps, once you only use one Google account.

Advertisement