Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl metal protective paint

Options
  • 17-08-2022 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Lidl has cans of metal protective paint. Would this spray paint be OK to use on a radiator

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If its the same as I bought a few years back then yes it bloody brilliant stuff. Do you have a link so I can see if its the same?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭celiam

This is it. Have sprayed the radiator with and it's looking good. Would need to keep doors open for a while after spraying because there is quite a strong smell from it but disappears after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Similar but can't be 10% sure, definitely very strong smelling. If it says its an alkathane paint then thats it. I picked it out of a Lidl reduced bin and used it on surface rust on parts of a galvanised trailer back. That was a couple of years ago and its still looking good. It stuck well to the galvanised and covered the rust which hasn't shown through.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭celiam

I used it on a radiator, 4 coats and the radiator looks as good as new. Very strong smelling in the beginning but it goes away in about an hour. Thank you for replying to my query

Advertisement