Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't decide between MBP and Studio

Options
  • 17-08-2022 10:24pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Want to pick up a new Mac, I am torn between a MBP 16" (32GB / 1TB) or a Studio. I would say the majority of my work is done at the same desk, but I am a bit attracted by the ability to move elsewhere, as well as the screen on the MBP. I'm thinking I could dock it, and basically use it like a desktop with the option to move around on the rare occasion I do.

On the other hand, I could get way more bang for my buck from a Studio for the same price or even cheaper.

Has anyone made this choice recently and regretted going with the laptop, if your use case is mostly desk-based? Does anyone here use the Macbook pro as a de-facto desktop any have any feedback?

Using a MBP docked, I'd be connecting it to 2 monitors. I'd like it to be 1 single cable from the MBP to the dock, and I have heard mixed reviews as to how well this works with the M1 Pro chips and docks. Anyone doing this?

Advertisement