Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta College Clonee/Clonsilla

• 17-08-2022 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am a secondary teacher and was just wondering would anyone know anything about the above school? I am thinking of applying for a job there but just want to find out what type of school is it? whats the reputation like? I am probabaly not interested in an overly dramatic DEIS type school where there is a lot of classroom magement issues. I have another business and may just work subbing if I have to. But just wondering if parents could give feedback thanks.

Post edited by The Black Oil on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭rameire

I would suggest the following Forum

https://www.boards.ie/categories/dublin-15

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Moved from Dublin County North

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Why do you assume that it is a “DEIS type school”?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i ended up not applying for it in the end. i dont think it would have been a good fit for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Dickie10

A Deis school is sometimes in a disadvantaged area or can have some disadvantaged students attending, they have usually more discipline issues to deal with. all schools do but sometimes middle class areas would have a lot less of these. think of the differences between going to school in castleknock college or mount sackville and say an ordinary community school. vast, vast majority of students in the private /middle class schools parents will take a really active role in their daughters/sons education so teachers usually get great support from them. not always the way in your ordinary school and Deis is usually worse again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭17togo

Wow, the students in setanta are probably better off not having you as a teacher then with that attitude. You clearly haven't done any research into the area if you've come to those conclusions.

My daughter goes to this school, and we have never had any issues with it.

As far as I'm aware Setanta was actually 3rd on the school tables last year for the D15 area behind Castleknock college and the community college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Just for the record, Setanta is not a DEIS school and has very good rates of third level progression.

Slightly alarming that a prospective teacher wasn't able to find that out.

Advertisement