Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Career change - Unsure of what direction to go with my skill set

• 17-08-2022 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I was wondering if I could pick some brains, I have been a garda for 15 years, prior to that I had worked in banking and a family law firm.

I am considering a career change and I just need some inspiration on what avenue I can pursue? Are the skills I have from policing transferable to any other sector?

I have heard suggestions such as Investigations for Insurance Companies, other than that I would welcome any suggestions.

I am open to upskilling or furthering my education also. I am just a bit stumped at the moment.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭2 fast

Compliance/fraud in banking

Something completely different like community or social care

Go into IT fraud or investigations or security

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I know some who have moved into security roles at larger businesses (retail, banking, etc). Specifically arranging security for warehouses and other premises.

Insurance investigation is generally contracted out by insurance companies, not sure how they find them i.e. if there are agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

Late reply so apologies for this, but social work? With your experience you might get into a masters programme but its 2 yrs to do and pay for. I did policing years ago and liked a lot of it but felt it wasnt ticking all the boxes i wanted, that i found in social work.

Advertisement