Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Factor Authentication issues

• 18-08-2022 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Oftentimes banks and other service providers will use 2FA, when you log in you will be asked to enter a code that has been SMS to your registered number for that account. For people who have bank accounts and various other 2FA accounts in multiple countries how do you go about optimising this?

I have three sim cards right now. One that I only top up every few months so that it remains active for 2FA purposes over Wifi connection. Two that I use at various times over the year depending where I am at the time. It takes 10-15 mins by the time you change sim and wait for it to boot up to local network and then hope that your in an area with Wifi at the time to receive your SMS. Even doing it like this im not sure it will continue to work, its a risk.

All of these 2FA sites (AFAIK) ask for a local number for account setup. Can you get a local number in each place that is something along the lines of a message forwarding number where any messages sent can be received in the one place like an app or similar?

Comments

Advertisement